Its been almost a year since I started my illness recovery journey. So much has changed, little things, and big things. I have been able to do so many things that I was unable to do when I was sick.
- I am able to eat without having pain, or feeling nauseous.
- I usually feel rested after I sleep.
- I am able to take a shower without a chair.
- I can sit in the sun without feeling miserable.
- I can walk outside without feeling exhausted.
- I can sit up without the immediate need to lie down.
- I can go for a walk.
- I can go shopping without feeling horrible.
- This year I have been able to swim.
- I went fishing.
- I been able to go for a short bike rides.
- I went on vacation.
- I flew on a plane.
- I walked multiple miles in one day.
- I have been able to make my own meals.
- I have been able to study, and do homework.
- I am now am to relearn how to drive.
Its feels amazing to look at this list and to know how far I have come. I know the list will keep growing as I continue to create a new life for myself.
“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6
“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!” 1 Chronicles 16:34